We have committed ourselves to comply with the code of conduct for good research practice of the DFG (German Research Foundation / Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft). When you submit a manuscript, you need to adhere to the following principles:
- Complete and correct author list (all listed authors must have contributed significantly to the research)
- Disclosure of authors’ conflicts of interest
- No plagiarism
- No unreliable results through data fabrication or miscalculations
- No submission to multiple journals simultaneously
- No submission that is only one of multiple manuscripts from the same study context (“salami slicing”)
If you violate these guidelines, depending on the severity, your manuscript may be rejected without review and your institution informed.